Several medical conditions could lead to stomach bloating. As per a study conducted, bloating is said to be a feeling where you feel that your abdomen is larger than normal. Thus, along with stomach bloating there are cramps and nausea which are also commonly associated with it. In several cases, intolerance to food or indigestion is the main reason; there are some other cases where a bloated stomach is the result of a larger medical problem.
Causes of Stomach Bloating
• Pre menstrual tension where the symptoms tend to improve greatly or disappear once the bleeding actually begins.
• Contraceptive pill, reduction of protein in diet, excess alcohol, processed foods or salt in your diet, etc.; bloating can even be caused by a small amount of surplus sodium.
• Doctors believe that irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), an intestinal disorder is the main cause of stomach bloating. The cause of IBS is not known, but might involve contraction of intestinal muscles, irregular movements and increased pain sensitivity in the intestine.
• Your stomach, at times is not able to digest lactose or milk sugar in dairy foods which can lead to bloating.
• Your stomach could also be puffed up due to allergies from foods. However, this is a reaction of the immune system which involves the whole body and the prominent symptoms include runny nose and hives.
• Any disease, such as Crohn’s disease or colon cancer which causes obstruction or intestinal inflammation might also cause abdominal bloating. Moreover, some people might also experience bloating or pain who have had several operations, adhesions (scar tissue) or intestinal hernias.
• Lastly, consuming a lot of fatty foods could cause discomfort and bloating as it can delay stomach emptying.
Given are some easy tips to get a flatter stomach by reducing bloating.
Tips to Reduce Stomach Bloating
• You must drink plenty of water. Contrary to normal belief, the boating can be reduced by drinking more water, since it helps the body in removing the water it had been storing. You need to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
• Try skipping the soda as soft drinks are one of the causes to a bloated stomach, so drink water instead of sodas as much as possible. Try seltzer water in case you like carbonated drinks.
• Keep an eye on your salt intake as excess salt can lead to bloating, so restrict your intake of salt and never substitute herbs for table salt when seasoning food.
• Keep control on your alcohol consumption. You can keep your stomach less bloated if you opt for lighter drinks like white wine sprizters, instead of frozen margaritas.
• Skip the white products such as white breads, potatoes and pastas and add fiber to your diet. Look for whole wheat products which won’t make you look fuller, but would leave you feeling so.
It doesn’t mean that you give up milk and dairy products just because they cause bloating. You can add liquid lactase to your dairy products of drink lactose free milk. You can easily get both the digestive enzyme and tolerated milk at several supermarkets and health food stores. Aged cheeses such as Romano and no frozen yogurt have only small amounts of lactose in them, so it’s easy for you to eat them without worrying about stomach bloating.
Your digestive tract can be overexcited by tea, coffee and chocolate, so try to limit them. Fat is another food which is hard to digest and could stimulate spasms and consequently lead to bloating. What is stomach bloating can be properly understood by all the above points, so try to prevent it as a sign of any of the many serious digestive diseases.
About the Author
Shany paul is a dietitian working for How To Lose Belly Fat She loves finding innovative Belly Fat Diet. without sacrificing food. Over the years Brake her gained specialized experience,further qualifications and training in weight management… She finds her field of weight management challenging and extremely rewarding