I am pretty sure that this has been a very tough spot to get rid of unwanted fat from, in fact for a lot of people this is one of the toughest spots to get rid of unwanted weight from. Fat burning is the go and there are ways to make sure that it is fat and nothing else that you lose. But it takes correct diet and exercise.
1. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every day. Eat snacks between each meal. But beware of what you eat. If you fill your body with over processed food with poor nutritional value you cannot expect to lose fat, look good and function well.
2. Define your short and long-term weight loss goals. If you want to lose ten pounds in the first two weeks, it’s doable. If you want to lose 40 pounds in two weeks, it’s probably not going to happen.
3. This may be new to you but you should always eat every two hours throughout the day. Your goal is to eat at least six small meals daily. Although we may be used to the traditional approach of three meals a day, eating more frequent meals with smaller portions will actually assist us in shedding those unwanted pounds. By consuming less food more frequently, we will find it easier to overcome our natural instincts to binge and restart the cycle of overeating.
4. Reduce your intake of sugary foods. This causes major swings in your blood sugar level. Simple carbohydrates such as cakes, biscuits, white bread, white rice and candy cause an increase in your blood sugar releasing insulin into your system. When insulin levels are high you increase the chances of fat storage on your belly shutting down fat burning – the result stubborn belly fat!
5. Set aside 45 minutes to 1 hour per day 6 days a week for your exercise routine. Make it a top priority in your day; a habit you don’t break. If it is not a top priority, you won’t do it. If you don’t do it, you won’t burn the fat.
6. Find a diet that focuses on helping you understand not only what to eat but how to eat. Cutting calories alone is seldom enough to support long-term weight loss. You will need to eat in a manner that supports your metabolism and enables it to burn calories.
7. Everyday on the news we hear about the obesity epidemic in the United States and throughout the world. The fact is that a majority of individuals are simply consuming more processed and packaged foods than every before. The result is that many people’s diets are rich in fats and sugar. If we are not already doing so, you will find that one of the best ways to lose belly fat fast is to begin eating more fruits and vegetables immediately.
8. Do proper abdomen exercises which increases muscle mass thus burning up more calories and increasing fat burning. The result – an even toned stomach! A mere 10 minutes a day will do and you need to work your stomach muscles every other day. I found these to be the most effective for giving me toned abs: start off your routine with weighted crunches, use a 2 or 2.5 kg weight plate clenched to your chest, push and pull crunches, this works your oblique muscles and finally reverse crunches, which works lower stomach.
About the Author